UPDATE August 25, 2015
The Tukwila School District’s Bond Development Committee will meet in the spring of 2015 to advise on the feasibility of a 2016 bond measure, including the proposed content, total cost, and tax impact of a bond measure for district facility and infrastructure needs spanning from 2016-2036.
The committee’s recommendation will go the superintendent and then the school board for final approval.
- April – May, 2015: Bond Development Committee meets on Thursday evenings: April 16 and 23 and May 7, 21, and 28 (more to be scheduled into June if necessary).
- June, 2015: Committee presents recommendation to the Superintendent and school board members.
- Summer 2015: The school board analyzes recommendation.
- Fall 2015: The school board adopts the final ballot resolution.
- February 2016: The ballot measure goes before voters.
Parameters: Recognizing the current economic climate, the proposed bond will include funding essential to:
- Ensure the Tukwila School Distric has all the resources and infrastructures necessary to meet the strategic plan and its student-learning benchmarks; and
- Safely and efficiently maintain facilities and property according to state/district use-standards and schedules.
Membership will include representatives from each school (in addition to the principal), students, employee associations, business leaders, local-government leaders, seniors, the community at large, and the African American, Burmese, Nepali, Somali,Latino, and Vietnamese communities.
Have a question or comment for the committee? Please send them to the committee’s organizer, Maria Gonzales-Millsap, 206-901-8006. Everyone is invited to observe the committee meetings (dates/times below).
All meetings will be from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Administration Building, 4640 S. 144th St., Tukwila, WA