- Estimated budget:
- $1.4 million for Transportation Building
- $517,000 for Administration Building
- $1.6 million for Technology and Maintenance Building
- $478,000 for Neudorf Stadium
- Purpose: Expand, modernize, bring into safety compliance
- Architects: Rolluda
- Planning team overseeing the project: Dr. Nancy Coogan, Superintendent; Dr. Judith Berry, Deputy Superintendent; Carol Pizano, Project Management and Grant Coordinator; Liliana Cardenas, Director of Maintenance and Operations; Vivian Palmer, Executive Director of Accountability, Assessment, and Technology; Harvard Jones, Director of Athletics; Jeff Feeney, Project Manager with KMB Architects; Maricel Haessig, Executive Assistant; Alexander Clark, Rolluda Architects; Kathy Breault, Director of Transportation; Tom Layer, Head Custodian; Ayanna Brown, Bus Driver; Maria Edwards, Transportation Dispatcher; Jeff Baker, Cascade View Elementary Principal; Gary Scott, Rolluda Architects
- Schematic Plans:
- Transportation Building
- Administration Building
- Technology and Maintenance Building
- Stadium improvements
Technology and Maintenance Building and Transportation Building
- September to December 2016: Planning and design phases
- January to March 2017: Bidding for construction company
- April to October 2017: Construction
- October 2017: Closeout
District Administration Safety and Health Upgrades
- November 2016 through April 2017: Planning and design phases
- April 2017: Bidding for construction company
- May to October 2017: Construction
- October 2017: Closeout
- Technology and Maintenance Building: Relocate these departments, which currently are housed in an annex that will be lost in the Foster High modernization and expansion project. The Tukwila School District has purchased the King County Library’s Foster Library building (4060 S 144th St, Tukwila, WA 98168), which will be repurposed once the library moves to it’s new location in spring 2017.
- Transportation Building: Relocate this department, which is currently housed in an annex that will be lost in the Foster High modernization and expansion project. The Tukwila School District has gotten approval to construct on office building on-site at the current location of the bus parking lot, 12801 E. Marginal Way S., Tukwila, WA 98168.
- Administration Building: Health and safety improvements required by law, reconfiguration for more workspaces. Replace aged air-handling units, upgrade air distribution system, and add an emergency generator.
- Neudorf Stadium: Health and safety improvements including replacing the rubber track surface, upgrading field lighting, and adding an air distribution system to the concessions/restroom structure.