Are you passionate about education and want to make a real difference in the Tukwila School District? Please consider running for one of the school-board seats that are up for election in November 2017. You must file with King County Elections the week of May 15-19.
- What does a school board member do? School board members work together to oversee the school district. As a board, their primary responsibilities are:
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate the superintendent
- Set the vision, mission, and strategic goals for the district
- Review, revise, and adopt policies
- Establish and oversee the budget
- Serve as community representatives
- Monitor the district’s progress and growth towards its goals
- More information about filing and running for office in King County
- Candidate workshops and support from Washington State School Directors’ Association
TSD board members are elected according to the Director District they reside in; however, they represent the entire district while seated on the school board.
- Director District 1 (currently held by Mary Fertakis)
- Director District 3 (currently held by Alicia Waterton)
- Director District 4 (currently held by Ricardo Frazer)